- Are your learning designers crying out for a way to develop sophisticated learning games without having to write code?
- Are you frustrated with your efforts trying to gamify your learning content within the limitations of fixed branching scenarios?
Scenes™ is a tool for rapidly designing sophisticated game-based learning scenarios which allow players to make a series of different interventions and see the effects these have over time. Scenes games are designed to be played by teams or individuals competing over a number of rounds. Sophisticated scenarios can be configured without the need for any programming through a powerful integrated State Transition Designer. Typical scenarios include dealing with a customer complaint, making an intervention with your team or negotiating with an external supplier. Learning Designers can create an unlimited number of games using Scenes.
Key Simulation Facts
Typical Games built using Scenes:
- Length: 1-2 hours
- Audience: Leaders, Managers and other staff at all levels
- Typical Group Size: 6-24
Core Skill Areas
Scenes allows learning designers to create gamified conversational scenarios where the players can select from various intervention options and see the results of the interventions immediately.
Results of interventions/moves are automatically scored and visualised in 4 key ways:
- Value Added by Move (% Resolution)
- Quality of Move (High, Medium or Low)
- Trend (did the last move make it better or worse)
- New State Reached (in the conversation via the move)
Scenes also allows multiple Scenarios to be addressed in parallel (as well as in sequence) to better reflect the challenges of the real world.
Scenes can be branded for any organisation and can be used to define any number of scenarios with allowed moves and rules regarding their effects.
A Scenes-based game (lasting 1-2 hours) would typically be a key element in a half-day or full-day workshop on a specific topic such as Communication Skills, Customer Management or Team Leadership.
- Real-time instant feedback to teams on large screen and/or tablets
- Designers can import their own graphics, audio and videos
- Designers can easily incorporate additional processing in Microsoft Excel (if required)
- Facilitation Road Map and full Scenes Designer Manual
- Full Scenes Designer Training can be provided